We apologize that you had a negative experience. Which of the below sounds most like the issue you had?
I saw a charge on my card, bank or PayPal statement that does not seem right
There could be some charges that might be confusing. Please review your payment statement (e.g. your credit card statement) and receipts we emailed you for the following types of charges:
- “BIRD* TEMP HOLD”: This is a temporary hold we place on your payment method before ride start. The temporary hold amount might be higher for rides in a Group Ride. If your ride price ends up being less than the temporary hold, we will do a partial refund. If the ride price ends up being more, we will increase the charge to match the final price. Some banks need up to 14 days to process these refunds and adjustments. If you have not seen your expected refund after that, please reach out to your bank first then reach out to support by clicking the 'Submit a request/issue' link below and fill out the form related to your issue.
- “BIRD* PRELOAD”: If you decide to load money into your Bird account, it will show up like this on your statement. We also emailed you a receipt for this charge. Please note that your ride will not stop when your preloaded money is used up. If your ride price ends up being more than the money you preloaded, we will charge your payment method for the difference, or initiate an auto-reload, in case you selected auto-reload to be on. If you would like a refund of the amount left on your Bird account, please reach out to support by clicking the 'Submit a request/issue' link below and fill out the form related to your issue.
- “BIRD* RELOAD”: If you enabled auto-reload of money into your Bird account when your balance hits zero, it will show up like this on your statement and we will also have emailed you a receipt for this charge. In most markets, you can disable auto-reload by going to Menu > Payments in the Bird app. Please note that in some markets auto-reload is mandatory, unfortunately. If you would like a refund of the amount left on your Bird account, please reach out to support by clicking the 'Submit a request/issue' link below and fill out the form related to your issue.
I was not able to end my ride and was overcharged for the time while I tried to end my ride
You might have been unable to end your ride because you were in a no parking zone, not in a parking spot or your phone had an Internet connection issue, and you were charged for some time the vehicle sat idle before we automatically ended the ride. In this case, please reach out to support by clicking the 'Submit a request/issue' link below and we can see how much money we can either credit back to your account or refund to your payment method. You can see more details on this issue here: I can’t end my ride.
I was charged for a ride that should have been covered by a Ride Pass or Bird+ subscription
You might have been charged for parts of a ride that was covered by a Ride Pass or Bird+ subscription. Please note that there are usually some limitations, such as:
- Maximum duration of a ride covered, e.g. 30 minutes per ride
- Maximum amount of rides covered with a time frame, e.g. 10 rides within 24 hours (a 24 hour period does not reset at midnight) or 50 rides per 30 days
- Maximum amount of minutes covered, e.g. a total of 300 riding minutes on one Ride Pass
If you go beyond these limits, the standard per-minute rate applies.
You can see the exact limitations that apply to your Ride Pass purchase or Bird+ subscription by going to Bird app > Menu > Ride Pass or Bird+.
I was surprised how expensive my ride was
The default way to pay for Bird rides is an unlock fee plus a per minute fee. That pricing information is available on the Payments screen that is accessible via the side menu. Pricing information is also presented to every user before their first ride and when pricing changes.
We also send an email receipt for every ride that has information on the ride price.
You can save money by purchasing a Ride Pass before your ride. Ride Passes are available in most markets via the side menu and Ride Pass.