Winter is quickly approaching and we want to prepare you for any changes in the weather. Safety is our top priority here at Bird and we want to ensure our chargers the best possible experience especially during inclement weather.
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind while charging:
- Please charge vehicles under covered spaces and in dry environments.
- When charging vehicles, make sure the charging port is dry, if the port cover has been removed then make sure the power cord is dry before charging the vehicle.
- If outside temperature is below 32°F or freezing, wait about 30 minutes until the vehicle is at room temperature. Once the vehicle is at room temperature, you can proceed to charge.
- Do not charge vehicles that have been submerged underwater, or covered in icicles or snow. Contact us via the Help section in the app and this will be reported to the City Team for retrieval and there will be further inspection.
- Make sure you are charging your vehicles in a safe space away from inclement weather. When the weather drops below 32°F, refrain from charging vehicles outside, they are charged best in room temperature and insulated environments.
Visibility is reduced and roads are more slippery in the winter, so please be extra cautious when driving, picking up and releasing vehicles!