Why is it important to release on time?
Releasing vehicles by the listed due time is a critical part of being a Flyer. Flyers who demonstrate good behavior will be eligible to reach higher levels with higher vehicle payouts and other perks.
When you capture a vehicle, a release time is automatically calculated for when the vehicle needs to be released. The calculated time is based on when the vehicle was captured and its battery percentage. You can find the release time under My Tasks in Flyer mode.
• For any vehicles released by 7:00 a.m., same-day payment will be initiated.
• Payments for any vehicles still captured after 7:00 a.m. will process the following day at 7:00 a.m.
Releasing and 24/7 nest availability
Nests available for release will appear in your Release Birds map. Keep in mind that full nests will not appear on your map. However, they refresh every 15-30 minutes, so be sure to keep an eye on your map for newly available nests.
Please keep in mind that you still need to release your vehicles by their due time. You can check the due time and battery percentage for each of your captured vehicles in the My Tasks list in your app.
Here’s a general breakdown of due times:
In North America
Move task vehicles are generally due the same day, so pay close attention to the listed due times in your My Tasks list.
Charge task vehicles captured before midnight are due at 10:00 a.m. the following day. For example, a vehicle captured at 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday is due at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
Charge task vehicles captured between 12:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. are due by 10:00 a.m. the same day. This means that a vehicle captured at 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday is also due at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
In Europe and the Middle East
Vehicles captured between midnight and 10:00 a.m. are due for release before 5:00 p.m. the same day.
Charge task vehicles captured between 10:00 a.m. and midnight are due for release before 7:00 a.m. the following morning.
If you have the opportunity to pick up vehicles pretty early in the day, you can charge and release them to 100% the same day with no penalties. Just keep in mind that your payment will be processed the next day.
Note: It is important that you release your vehicles within 24 hours from the point of capture. Holding vehicles for over 24 hours can result in a payout of $0. Doing this consistently will have a negative impact on your ability to charge and can lead to the termination of your Flyer account.
How to release a vehicle:
• Select Release from the menu in your app, then choose a nest to claim for your vehicles.
• Damaged vehicles need to be released in damage nests (indicated by red wrench icons), while non-damaged vehicles go in regular nests (indicated by the number of spots available).
If you get an app error when trying to release your vehicle, please contact us via the Help section in your app and include the following:
• A quick explanation of the issue and a screenshot of the error message that is stopping you from releasing your vehicle(s)
• A screenshot of your Release Vehicles page verifying your location and the nest address (like this: https://goo.gl/j279Sd)
• Vehicle IDs that need to be released (photos or from My Vehicles list)
• A photo of the same vehicles in the nest where you left them
Having trouble releasing on time?
Make sure you have enough power supplies for the number of vehicles you capture for charge tasks. If you need more power supplies, you can order them here.
• Only pick up what you can release before the due times.
• Move or charge your vehicles immediately.
• When charging, double-check that your power supplies are plugged in all the way before leaving.
• Make sure your gas tank is full before heading out to release your vehicles to prevent delays and lost nests.
• Please keep in mind that certain models can take up to six hours to fully charge.
• Leave early if you reserved nests.
• Load your car before reserving your nest so you have enough time to make your reservation time.
Personal issues: If you have a personal issue that is preventing you from releasing on time, please snooze your vehicles when this feature is available in your app. Just keep in mind that this option is not always available.
Payment issues: If you have any issues with payment, please refer to this article: Getting Paid