Bird Finder is a way for Chargers to more accurately track the location of vehicles.
When using the Charger Map, the current GPS location of a vehicle is accurate, but it doesn't always take into account where the vehicle is relative to its surroundings which sometimes can make it hard to locate.
How to use Bird Finder:
- Select a vehicle on the Charger map that you want to capture
- Use the vehicle's location on the map and your current location to find the vehicle. If you can’t find it right away, try to turn on the vehicle's alarm.
- If you can’t find it after turning on the alarm, get close to where the vehicle should be and open up the Bird Finder to detect its signal strength. Tap the magnifying glass icon on the bottom right to open the Bird Finder. Even if you don’t hear an alarm, there is still a chance you’ll be able to see the vehicle in the Bird Finder list.
- If you see the vehicle ID you’re looking for (or others) listed in the Bird finder, continue to walk around the area until the signal strength moves from red to yellow to green - the closer you are to the signal strength being green, the closer you are to the vehicle.
- If you can see the vehicle in your Bird Finder list, then it is there somewhere, so don’t give up too easily and keep on looking. If eventually you can’t find it, mark the vehicle missing. If the vehicle is available for capture and appears to be in someone's residence, mark the vehicle as fraudulent in the Bird app.