One of the most important aspects of being a Charger is releasing your vehicles into Nests.
Nests are pre-selected release spots for vehicles to be released into every morning. They can be on public or private property, and ensure that vehicles are in easily accessible locations for our Riders every morning.
After you have successfully claimed a Nest, arrived at its location, and selected which vehicles you are releasing, it is imperative that you access your app and tap MORE DETAILS. After doing so, release your vehicles just as they are pictured in the Nest photo or diagram.
Placement in the Nest is key in properly releasing your vehicles. It is extremely important that your vehicles are placed neatly in a row, with the handlebars facing to the left.
Here are some pointers:
Additionally, before taking a photo of your vehicles, it’s extremely important to make sure that your vehicles are not:
- Illegally blocking pedestrian access. This is limited, but not exclusive to:
- Points of access made accessible by the American Disabilities Act (ramps, elevators, etc.)
- Fire hydrants
Please make sure your vehicles are not blocking pedestrian access and public walkways.
- Messy or awkwardly placed
- Vehicles cannot be messy and disorganized in a Nest. It is crucial that your vehicles are placed in a neat and organized manner for Riders to easily capture and ride..
- Off-road or on uneven terrain, including:
- On grass
- On a slope
- On loose gravel
- On any surface that leaves the vehicle in danger
In order to prevent vehicles from falling over or getting damaged, please place your vehicles in a safe and secure location.
- On non permitted property
- Misuse of public or private property
Upon photographing your release, be sure that your photo is simple, well-lit, and provides a clear image of the placement of your vehicles in the Nest and in relation to its surroundings. You will want to avoid poor photos, in which the image does not show:
- All of your vehicles
- Placement in the Nest
- Relationship to its surroundings
- A clear image of your charged and released vehicles
Release photos that are covered and do not have any vehicles in them are considered fraudulent and are in violation of the Charger Services Agreement.
As we look to keep vehicle in your community long-term, it is vital that you take quality release photos so that we can have confidence in the way vehicles are placed in the public.
Failure to release vehicles in the proper manner will lead to termination of your Charger account. Please follow the rules and enjoy the ride 🦅
If you would like to reverse a release rating, please refer to this link: Contest a Release Rating