(turn on subtitles for additional languages)
The last step before you get paid for charging is releasing your fully-charged vehicles at a Nest. When you release vehicles into a Nest at 100% battery between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m., you will be paid the full quoted price for each vehicle. Any vehicle released later than 7 a.m., or with less than 95% battery, are at risk for a reduced payout. Should you hold onto a vehicle for longer than 24 hours, it may disappear from your MY TASKS view and may be removed from your earnings completely. Same-day payments will only be available for vehicles released before 7 a.m. the morning after charging. Vehicles that are released after 7 a.m. will be paid out the following business day and may be subject to penalties up to 50%.
To start, tap RELEASE VEHICLES in the menu.
What is a Nest?
A Nest is a designated release spot for you to release your vehicles. Nests are in locations that ensure vehicles are easily accessible to Riders.
It’s critical that Nests never block pedestrian right-of-way and/or any access points (doors, ramps, stairs, gates, etc.).
You’ll see a map with circular icons, each containing a number. The icons mark the locations of Nests and the numbers represent the number of vehicles available to be released in each specific Nest. Once a Nest is full, it will no longer appear on the map.
Selecting a Nest
When you’ve selected a Nest, tap its icon. Three options will appear: Navigate to Nest, Nests Details and Release.
Claim a Nest
Chargers can claim a Nest by tapping CLAIM NEST in the app, which will reserve a Nest for 30 minutes. If vehicles are not released at the Nest location after 30 minutes, it will expire and reappear on the Charger Map for others to claim.
Reminder: You may only claim one Nest at a time.
Navigate to a Nest
To get to the Nest, tap NAVIGATE and the app will prompt you to open your preferred navigation application (e.g. Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc.).
Once you arrive at the Nest, tap MORE DETAILS. You’ll see a picture of the exact Nest location, the street address of the Nest, and notes describing any directions for releasing your vehicles at that Nest.
Place your vehicles exactly as they appear in the photo. Once they’re positioned, tap SCAN TO RELEASE.
Releasing Vehicles: Do’s and Don’t s
- Avoid releasing vehicles anywhere blocking the public right of way: sidewalks, driveways, and entrances
- Release vehicles close to the curb perpendicular to the street if the sidewalk is wide enough for pedestrian access
- If there is not enough space on the curbside, release vehicles parallel to the street to avoid blocking sidewalks
- Release on dirt so long as the terrain is even, and won’t cause vehicles to tip over
- Release on manhole coverings if sidewalks are narrow
- Park neatly, lining up all vehicles facing the same direction with the handlebars turned to the left
- DO NOT
- Block sidewalks, impeding pedestrian right of way
- Block private ramps, driveways, or parking lots
- Block fire hydrants
- Block any disability access areas, including handicap parking and blue curbs
- Release vehicles on uneven terrain, causing vehicles to tip over
- Release vehicles messily
Once you’ve parked your vehicles, step back about 10-20 feet away from the Nest and take a picture of your vehicles so they can be reviewed. The photo should be vertical to include all vehicles as well as the surrounding environment.
If you would like to report a bad Nest location, please submit a ticket using our in-app HELP feature
Selecting Vehicles to Release
Tap RELEASE to scan the vehicles you’d like to release. After selecting the vehicles, tap RELEASE in the top right corner of your screen.
The last step of the release process is taking a picture of your vehicles in the Nest. Please make sure the photo shows all vehicles currently in the Nest. As soon as the photo has uploaded, you’re officially done!
As long as you’ve released your vehicles before 7 a.m. the morning after charging, you’ll be paid the same day. vehicles that are released after 7 a.m. will be paid out the following business day and may be subject to penalties up to 50%.
Trouble Releasing my Vehicle(s)
If you encounter an issue with releasing your vehicle(s) at a Nest, please leave the vehicle in the Nest location, submit a ticket using our in-app HELP feature, and provide us with the following:
- A quick explanation of the issue + screenshot of the error message that is stopping you from releasing your vehicle(s).
- A screenshot of your Release vehicles page verifying your location, not the Nest address (like this: https://goo.gl/j279Sd)
- Vehicles IDs that need to be released (photos or from My vehicles list)
- A photo of the same vehicles in the Nest where you left them
Note: If you do not provide all requested documentation, we will not credit your account.