(turn on subtitles for additional languages)
The last step before you get paid for charging is releasing your fully-charged Birds at a Nest. When you release Birds into a Nest at 100% battery between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m., you will be paid the full quoted price for each Bird. Any Birds released later than 7 a.m., or with less than 95% battery, are at risk for a reduced payout. Should you hold onto a Bird for longer than 24 hours, it may disappear from your MY TASKS view and may be removed from your earnings completely. Same-day payments will only be available for Birds released before 7 a.m. the morning after charging. Birds that are released after 7 a.m. will be paid out the following business day and may be subject to penalties up to 50%.
To start, tap RELEASE BIRDS in the menu.
What is a Nest?
A Nest is a designated release spot for you to release your Birds. Nests are in locations that ensure Birds are easily accessible to Riders.
It’s critical that Nests never block pedestrian right-of-way and/or any access points (doors, ramps, stairs, gates, etc.).
You’ll see a map with circular icons, each containing a number. The icons mark the locations of Nests and the numbers represent the number of Birds available to be released in each specific Nest. Once a Nest is full, it will no longer appear on the map.
Selecting a Nest
When you’ve selected a Nest, tap its icon. Three options will appear: Navigate to Nest, Nests Details and Release.
Claim a Nest
Chargers can claim a Nest by tapping CLAIM NEST in the Bird app, which will reserve a Nest for 30 minutes. If Birds are not released at the Nest location after 30 minutes, it will expire and reappear on the Charger Map for others to claim.
Reminder: You may only claim one Nest at a time.
Navigate to a Nest
To get to the Nest, tap NAVIGATE and the app will prompt you to open your preferred navigation application (e.g. Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc.).
Once you arrive at the Nest, tap MORE DETAILS. You’ll see a picture of the exact Nest location, the street address of the Nest, and notes describing any directions for releasing your Birds at that Nest.
Place your Birds exactly as they appear in the photo. Once they’re positioned, tap SCAN TO RELEASE.
Releasing Birds: Do’s and Don’t s
- Avoid releasing Birds anywhere blocking the public right of way: sidewalks, driveways, and entrances
- Release Birds close to the curb perpendicular to the street if the sidewalk is wide enough for pedestrian access
- If there is not enough space on the curbside, release Birds parallel to the street to avoid blocking sidewalks
- Release on dirt so long as the terrain is even, and won’t cause Birds to tip over
- Release on manhole coverings if sidewalks are narrow
- Park neatly, lining up all Birds facing the same direction with the handlebars turned to the left
- DO NOT
- Block sidewalks, impeding pedestrian right of way
- Block private ramps, driveways, or parking lots
- Block fire hydrants
- Block any disability access areas, including handicap parking and blue curbs
- Release Birds on uneven terrain, causing Birds to tip over
- Release Birds messily
Once you’ve parked your Birds, step back about 10-20 feet away from the Nest and take a picture of your Birds so they can be reviewed. The photo should be vertical to include all Birds as well as the surrounding environment.
If you would like to report a bad Nest location, please submit a ticket using our in-app HELP feature
Selecting Birds to Release
Tap RELEASE to scan the Birds you’d like to release. After selecting the Birds, tap RELEASE in the top right corner of your screen.
The last step of the release process is taking a picture of your Birds in the Nest. Please make sure the photo shows all Birds currently in the Nest. As soon as the photo has uploaded, you’re officially done!
As long as you’ve released your Birds before 7 a.m. the morning after charging, you’ll be paid the same day. Birds that are released after 7 a.m. will be paid out the following business day and may be subject to penalties up to 50%.
Trouble Releasing my Bird(s)
If you encounter an issue with releasing your Bird(s) at a Nest, please leave the Bird in the Nest location, submit a ticket using our in-app HELP feature, and provide us with the following:
- A quick explanation of the issue + screenshot of the error message that is stopping you from releasing your Bird(s).
- A screenshot of your Release Birds page verifying your location, not the Nest address (like this: https://goo.gl/j279Sd)
- Bird IDs that need to be released (photos or from My Birds list)
- A photo of the same Birds in the Nest where you left them
Note: If you do not provide all requested documentation, we will not credit your account.