New Mechanics First Transport Task:
In order to receive your replacement parts, you will first need to complete a transport task. A transport is where you will find any damaged Bird, capture it, and transport it to our local storage unit. This is where you can also meet the fleet coordinator who will be at the storage unit between the hours of 9:30am - 12pm and 1pm - 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
*NOTE: Fleet Coordinators are on lunch from 12pm-1pm and will not be at the storage location during that lunch break. Please monitor text announcements for changes to hours, specifically in winter markets.
- Locate ANY damaged Bird that appears on your map in the Bird app while Mechanic Mode is toggled on.
- To CAPTURE a Bird
- Scan or enter the QR code
- Next, tap the “Start Repair” button that pops up.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the safety inspection check-list.
- Then tap “Can’t Fix”.
- A “Transport Bird”message will appear on screen. Click “Ok”.
- Afterwards, the app will take you back to the map. At this point, you can continue to capture more Birds for transport or head to storage - each Bird you transfer is $5!
- TRANSPORT the Bird to your local secured storage unit that was provided to you during onboarding. Your local storage unit is available for drop off Monday through Friday (9:30am to 12pm and 1pm to 5:30pm) - The storage unit is not available for transport drop offs outside of these hours or on the weekend.
- To RELEASE a Bird at the storage unit:
- When you arrive at storage, take a picture of the BIRD at storage along with the BIRD ID. Send the pictures to your onboarding representative (at the same number that initially contacted you) with the words "COMPLETE." They will process your payment!