- Depending on the model, the charging port is either located on the front-left of the footboard or on the bottom third of the neck
- The indication lights on the power supplies show if the Bird is charged or charging
- You can see the battery percentage of each captive Bird by going to Menu > MY TASKS
Locating the Charging Port
For some models, the Charging port is located on the front-left of the Bird footboard (on the same side as the kickstand). See the images below for help locating the Charging port.
For other models, the charging port is located on the back side of the vertical neck, located about ¼ of the way up from the front wheel.
You can check the level of charge, at any time, within the Bird app by going to Menu > MY TASKS.
This view will show you all Birds which are currently captive under your account. You are responsible for keeping track of these Birds and charging them overnight.
The MY TASKS page allows you to view the status of each Bird at any given moment. You are able to see the following details:
- 4-digit Bird ID
- Battery percentage
- Current distance from the Bird
- Associated price for charging that Bird to 100% and releasing it between 4:00 AM and 7:00 AM
Note: You must have Bluetooth enabled and a stable Wifi or Mobile connection to ensure the most accurate information.
Indication Lights on Power Supply
Red: A red indicator light, when plugged into the bird, means that the Bird is currently charging. Green: A green indicator light means your Bird is fully charged.
If a Bird does not seem to be updating, try scanning the Bird using your QR Code scanner to confirm the current percentage.
If you come across a Bird that will not charge (after being plugged in for more than 4 hours), please message Charger Support in the HELP section for assistance.